RE: [amibroker] Re: Backtest using equity curve

Hi Dave –

If the system did well in the past on
Out-Of-Sample data, then we have some confidence.  If it did well in the
past only on In-Sample data, then we have no confidence.

If there is no persistence in patterns
being followed by profitable trading opportunities, then we are out of luck,
and all trading / investing becomes random.  I believe there are
persistent patterns and that we can find them.

Howard