RE: [amibroker] Re: Backtest using equity curve

The gambler$B!G(Bs fallacy is a fallacy because
the gambler ignores the independence of the outcomes and looks for patterns
that do not exist.  If we have designed trading systems based on
recognition of patterns that precede profitable trading opportunities, and if
those patterns are persistent, then we no longer have random, independent
outcomes.  Our trading systems do have serial dependencies and upward
sloping equity curves.  So analysis of the equity curve provides an
indication of the health of the trading system.

Howard