From: Ken Close [mailto:closeks@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, 2 November 2003 10:44 AM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [amibroker] Re: On Robustness, Post #1

Have any of you ever thought about the concept of learning something, rather
than trying to verify the contents of someone's brokerage statement? Maybe
it makes money and maybe, instead, it contains some concept, principle or
idea that would enable you to alter something you are doing and then YOU can
make money.

Sorry if this comes in from left field but I will bet there are many like me
who would like discussions like these series of posts on Robustness to
proceed along so that the above principle can be applied on an individual
basis, rather than to have continual buckets of cold water thrown in.

Joe, this is not aimed directly at you but at all of those who want to
"challenge", "discredit", put down, and in some way or the other show that
they are not going to be sucked in by any old huckster who comes along and
implies he or she is getting rich but are not going to tell any details.

There are some who have valuable things to say, even if they are not going
to publish their brokerage statements here.

I try to read thru the sticks and stones to see if there are any useful
concepts (whether or not backed up by brokerage statements).  Then I will
adopt and see if I can make some money with the idea.  Otherwise, the delete
key is very useful to use without needing to come back to someone with whom
you disagree and shoot at them.

Clarifying questions, build-upon suggestions, congratulatory comments or
delete key without saying anything seems like perfectly good choices to me
after reading a message.  This message is a build upon message working to
maximize learning for the most members of the conference.

I know this will provoke my own series of return flames, so be it.  My
delete key works fine.  But I am compelled to speak up if anyone want to so
argue with others that those others say forget it and then quit posting.
(Karnish's reaction of not wanting to post here anymore is the most recent
example that I am pointing out.) Then I lose out and I suspect a lot of
others do too.

Hit the delete key.

Ken

PS:  Mark: I am looking forward to your remaining 8 messages, from which I
hope to learn some useful things.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511