RE: [amibroker] Re: On Robustness, Post #1

Have any of you ever thought about the concept of learning something,
rather than trying to verify the contents of someone's brokerage
statement? Maybe it makes money and maybe, instead, it contains some
concept, principle or idea that would enable you to alter something you
are doing and then YOU can make money.

Sorry if this comes in from left field but I will bet there are many
like me who would like discussions like these series of posts on
Robustness to proceed along so that the above principle can be applied
on an individual basis, rather than to have continual buckets of cold
water thrown in.

Joe, this is not aimed directly at you but at all of those who want to
"challenge", "discredit", put down, and in some way or the other show
that they are not going to be sucked in by any old huckster who comes
along and implies he or she is getting rich but are not going to tell
any details.

There are some who have valuable things to say, even if they are not
going to publish their brokerage statements here.

I try to read thru the sticks and stones to see if there are any useful
concepts (whether or not backed up by brokerage statements).  Then I
will adopt and see if I can make some money with the idea.  Otherwise,
the delete key is very useful to use without needing to come back to
someone with whom you disagree and shoot at them.

Clarifying questions, build-upon suggestions, congratulatory comments or
delete key without saying anything seems like perfectly good choices to
me after reading a message.  This message is a build upon message
working to maximize learning for the most members of the conference.

I know this will provoke my own series of return flames, so be it.  My
delete key works fine.  But I am compelled to speak up if anyone want to
so argue with others that those others say forget it and then quit
posting. (Karnish's reaction of not wanting to post here anymore is the
most recent example that I am pointing out.) Then I lose out and I
suspect a lot of others do too.

Hit the delete key.

Ken

PS:  Mark: I am looking forward to your remaining 8 messages, from which
I hope to learn some useful things.

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511