  >From:
  MarkF2

  To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, October 31, 2003 10:43
  AM
  Subject: [amibroker] Re:
Robustivity
  Steve,No *you're* missing the point.  You
  posted a system "This exact systemwas presented over a year ago at this
  forum" under the subject of"Robustivity" and said in that post that it
  "Works on most issues(raw)." Then, in a post to Dave about it, you wrote:
  "For my money,for my style, this judge of momentum trades more things,
  moreaccurately than any other indicator I am aware of."  If that's
  notsaying it's robust, I don't know what is.  I'm saying that it is
  *notrobust* by any measure I'd use.I agree that issue selection is
  critically important but it can alsobe used as a crutch to support weak
  systems.  Wouldn't you ratherapply it to a robust approach?  In
  my opinion, the greatest*technical* challenge in trading is
  nonstationarity.  Robustness isone of my best tools for dealing with
  that.On the Ryan Jones thing, *please*.  Go back and read my
  original postand don't mischaracterize what I wrote.  Hey -- did you
  hear thatMyron Scholes (Black-Scholes option pricing model) was part of
  LTCMwhen it blew up?  Guess we need to toss out everything he's
  evertouched too!I don't trade futures.  Just stocks and
  options, for over 25 years,and I have nothing to prove to anyone, least of
  all you.  If you wanta robust approach, find one yourself.  It's
  really not that difficult.Just think out of the box, *get off of* the
  yellow brick road(because it leads to the land of Oz) and use Amibroker
  with an openmind.Regards,Mark--- In
  amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "CedarCreekTrading"
  <kernish@xxxx>wrote:> Mark,> > You're missing
  the point Dude.  There are a lot of things morerobust...like "way
  more".   Issue selection is the most importantpoint (if the
  system is robust, a system should trade hundreds ofissues with positive
  expectency).  Do you have a robust approach thatworks on grains,
  metals, interest rates, equities and indexes?  Haveyou traded it for
  the last ten years?    > > I just wanted to post
  something that was simple (those that complainabout "mechanical systems
  don't work" and for those that want toover-optimize).  I guess the
  question becomes:  Is Ryan Jones approach"sound"?  Hey it must
  be, Larry Williams endorses his book on everywebsite I've seen.>
  > How about flashing one robust approach...show us the
  code...andallow the forum to evaluate your ideas on trading and
  robustness.> > Take care,> >
  Steve>   ----- Original Message ----- >