RE: Objective functions (was RE: [amibroker] Re: Optimization -- again)

Hi Dave –

It sounds to me like you Do get it.

If the out of sample results based on your
auto-optimization are profitable, you have confidence that the current set of
parameters will be profitable.  If the OOS are not profitable, the model needs
to be redesigned.

I see equity feedback as a great tool in
system design and evaluation.

Howard