RE: Objective functions (was RE: [amibroker] Re: Optimization -- again)

Hi Fred –

I see great changes in the markets over
the past few years, and monumental changes over the past few decades.  The
markets have so many dimensions that it is difficult to point at only one
component and give examples.

Most of us in this group look at markets
as opportunities to trade profitably, so looking at the behavior and
profitability of mechanical trading systems over time gives us a measure of
change.  Systems that worked well in the 80’s failed in the
90’s; and systems that worked well in the early 90’s failed in the
late 90’s.  If the market behavior had not changed, those systems
would all work today, and tomorrow.

Howard