[amibroker] Re: using %b and Bollinger's Method II

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "john gibb" <jgibb1@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi sloughbridge,
>
> I interpret Method II to be a trend continuation rather than trend
reversal (end-of-trend) system.

Yep.  The exit has to come sometime, but the >80 is a
counterintuitive entry.

> I am using SAR for exits and the '%b<20 AND MFI<20' only for new
sell signals.

> But, since my results are not that great, I may take his suggestion
and use Method II merely as a setup for his Squeeze (Method I) system.

I don't get this.  Trend, band-walking, is after the squeeze,
confirmed by the >80 signs.  If you enter here, it can be late as he
mentions.  He also gives an exit signs of multiple upperband tags
with declining indicators, or a high outside followed by a new high
inside the bands.

 (I also have this thought that %b should be qualified by the
BandWidth; i.e., an %b of 80 when the bands are narrow doesn't seem
as good a signal as %b of 80 when they are wide)

Definitely, as narrow bands represent congestion, widening bands
trends.

ReplayTV: Control live television
Special Sale: 50% off ReplayTV
CNet Ranked #1 over Tivo!