Re: [amibroker] Re: using %b and Bollinger's Method II

Hi sloughbridge,

I interpret Method II to be a trend continuation
rather than trend reversal (end-of-trend) system.

I am using SAR for exits and the '%b<20 AND
MFI<20' only for new sell signals.

But, since my results are not that great, I may
take his suggestion and use Method II merely as a setup for his Squeeze (Method
I) system. (I also have this thought that %b should be qualified by the
BandWidth; i.e., an %b of 80 when the bands are narrow doesn't seem as good a
signal as %b of 80 when they are wide)

-john

PS: for those who don't have his book,
here are the three systems he presents there:

<A
href="">http://www.bollingeronbollingerbands.com/methods/main.php
<A
href="">http://www.bollingeronbollingerbands.com/methods/main.php?method=2