Re: [amibroker] Re: Does this appeal? (Quote Editor)

Hi Richard,

Thursday, September 18, 2003, 6:51:45 AM, you wrote:

RH> gives you two screens.

RH> Thus, the case you site will allow putting Amibroker on one
RH> screen and the other app to be patched to on the second screen,
RH> presumably a spreadsheet.

RH> There are other handy reasons to run two screens while
RH> daytrading.  Note the "pros" run 3-5 screens.   Saves  time.

Thanks Richard.  I *am* a "pro".  ^_-

That might be one solution (running more than one screen), but I
really don't think it should be necessary.  There is a Quote Editor
for a reason (to change a quote, or add a quote, or modify a quote).
Almost without exception, I'll wager, the information to be input
into the Quote Editor is going to be from information displayed on
the computer screen.  The inability to focus the Quote Editor over
that information to be input is something that doesn't seem to have
been particularly well thought out.  That makes it rather exceptional
as regards AB, but doesn't make it any less true.  ^_^

Another user asked why one would want to enter or adjust quotes
manually when it can be done automatically.  Aside from the obvious
answers, I guess that would be the genesis of an argument for not
having a Quote Editor at all, then.  ^_^

Yuki

Buy quality ink cartridges & refill kit. Remanufactured & Refills for:
HP $8-20, Epson $3-9, Canon $5-15. FREE shipping over $50 (US & Canada).
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=6347
http://us.click.yahoo.com/lB7L3D/k5uGAA/qnsNAA/GHeqlB/TM