Re: [amibroker] Re: Calculating Stats

Uenal
I am glad that message means something to you.  It means absolutely
nothing to me.  Just a set of numbers resulting from some code that
is shown above them.  Have you any explanation?  I can read
Anthony's code and understand what his is doing but what is yours
doing?  Is ABTool a black box? or is it an attempt to make Amibroker
a black box with your Systems?  I went to your web site and found
this extensive explanation as to what ABTool is all about:
<<An extension plugin DLL for advanced AFL commands like in memory
Tables, Arrays, Persistent Variables, File I/O, different data types,
Calendar functions and much more.>>  (450
dollars????)
This extensive documentation does not make a product a consumer
product.  Your more expensive Systems (1500 dollars????) have almost
as extensive set of docs as your ABTool.
I wonder how many others understood that message?    I am
sure someone might have.  I guess it is that someone that may be
your target audience for your product?
I have to own up to the truth,  I am just now beginning to use and
understand AddToComposite, so I guess I am not one of your target
audience.
Most plug-ins provide a single or fairly low number of clear things to
streamline things already being done with AFL code.  These are very
useful and are user oriented.  BUT...
AbTool seems so much more cryptic at this point that I probably should
not even attempt it.  I have no ideal as to what it can do for me or
what it is supposed to do.  And I have no intention of owning a
Black Box System at all.   All I have seen are sets of cryptic
functions that are supposed to be called from within Amibroker to do
things, but what things?  You have a long way to go to document this
in any real way to make it a real consumer product.  For all
practical usage, it is not a consumer product but an experimental hacker
tool for a developer or programmer, at least from my perspective?  I
have been viewing the messages on your board and still I am at a
loss.
At this time I see an attempt to capitalize (capture) Tomasz' great low
priced software Amibroker in such a way that moves Amibroker into the
arena of being a Black box very similar to other more well known Black
Box System Providers.  I do not think this is where Amibroker needs
to be or to be known as a Black Box System.
Just one person opinion....
Steve