[amibroker] Re: TC2000 MoneyStream Bop TSV

Thanks Mickey!  By the way, a quick poll ....does anyone find the
BOP useful?  When I was a TC2000 user the BOP always looked like an
interesting indicator but I never found it to be effective.  For
example a lot of times in a strong uptrending market, the BOP
indicator would often times have a sell signal.  I didn't
necessarily see the "hidden" buying or selling Worden often claimed
it signaled

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "mickeyamelinckx" <mickeyA@xxxx>
wrote:
> And here is what I found on Balance of power although and changes
> some things on the indicator and to have variable time periods. I
> would like to know, IF someone knows what time periods TC2000
uses ?

>  //Balance Of Power - BOP
> period = Param("BOP period", 100, 2, 200, 1 );
> ThL1=IIf(H-L==0,.00001,H-L);//{Reward Based on the Open}
>
> BuRBoO=(H-O)/(ThL1);
> BeRBoO=(O-L)/(ThL1);//{Reward Based on the Close}
> BuRBoC=(C-L)/(ThL1);
> BeRBoC=(H-C)/(ThL1);//{Reward Based on the Open-Close}
> BuRBoOC=IIf(C>O,(C-O)/(ThL1),0);
> BeRBoOC=IIf(C>O,0,(O-C)/(ThL1));
>
> BOP=(BuRBoO+BuRBoC+BuRBoOC)/3 - (BeRBoO+BeRBoC+BeRBoOC)/3;
> BOP=EMA(BOP,period)*1000;
> Graph0=bop;
>
> Plot(BOP,"BOP",4,2);
> PlotGrid( 100, colorBlack );
> PlotGrid( 0, colorBlack );
> PlotGrid( -100, colorBlack );
>
> Now there is still the MONEYSTREAM indicator !!!   What I have
found
> about and maybe someone else could fill in the blanks.
>
> "Cumulative moneystream moves much like OBV but it has a bit more
> power to contradict. Moneystream embodies both price and volume,
> although if volume is not available, an automatic adjustment takes
> place in the formula and the indicator is calculated and
displayed.
> The pure price version has less power to contradict.
> Moneystream has certain similarities to Mark Chaikinīs indicator.
> However I discovered what I consider a logical error common to all
> three of those approaches.  Which is all I have to say about MS"
>
> It must be a compilation of OBV, Larry Williams A/C and Chaikin
> indicator I think.
> Anyone who could check this indicator above with TC2000 and let us
> know how it is.  And if someone could fill in the blanks on
> Moneystream please let us know.
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "mickeyamelinckx" <mickeyA@xxxx>
> wrote:
> > This is the message posted about TSV but I havenīt found
anything
> on
> > TC moneystream or Ballence of Power !  Offcourse can you use
> TC2000
> > plugin but if you use other service like QP etc this is not the
> case.
> >
> > I know these indicators are propretary but if someone could
> already
> > explain a little how they work then maybe we could give it a try.
> > Thanks
> >

> >   Message 43066 of 43791  |  Previous | Next  [ Up Thread ]
> Message
> > Index             Msg #
> >
> > From:   "the_chairmann" <jhart_1972@xxxx>
> > Date:  Mon Jun 23, 2003  4:17 pm
> > Subject:  Re: Worden Formulas
> >

> > So there is a high correlation between the two? - LOL Thanks
Ken.
> > I better hurry up and process this before Worden's gang find it
> > posted here and demand its removal
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ken Close" <closeks@xxxx>
wrote:
> > > I have found the following formula a close approximation to
TSV.
> It
> > > passes my "eyeball" test. I am not the author of the formula
and
> > can
> > > not explain why it does such a fairly good job of
approximating
> > the TSV
> > > of TC2k. I know of no equivalent approximate formula for
> > MoneyStream.
> > >

> > > Ken
> > >
> > > T = 18; // For a TSV with 18 day period
> > > TMA = 9; // For MA of TSV
> > >
> > > Alpha = 2/(T+1);
> > >
> > > TSVd= ( C-Ref(C,-1)) / ( H-L )*V;
> > > /* The following calculates Exponential Average for TSV */
> > > TSV_exp = 100*(AMA(TSVd,Alpha) * T/10000000);
> > >
> > > TSV_ref= Sum((( C-Ref(C,-1)) / ( H-L ))*V, T ); //for reference
> > >
> > > /* The following is simple TSV */
> > > TSV = MA(TSVd,T) * T/10000000;
> > >
> > > TSV_MA = MA(TSV_exp,TMA);
> > >
> > > //Plot(TSV,"TSV",4,4 + 2);
> > > //Plot(TSV,"TSV"+ WriteVal(T,1.0),5,4);
> > > Plot(TSV_MA,"MA",4,4);
> > > Plot(TSV_Exp,"TSV(exp)",colorYellow,4);
> > > Plot(0,"",7,1);

Volume
> > and
> > > Moneystream? I've always found them to be pretty interesting
but
> > > now that I've switched away from TC2000 I no longer have
access
> > > them.
> > >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Jayson" <jcasavant@xxxx>
wrote:
> > > Ron,
> > > I cannot recall who sent me this (Ken??)but here is an
> > approximation of
> > > TSV......
> > >

> > > /* Modified TSV calculation from Mohan
> > > on 11/26/02 */
> > >
> > > T = 18; // For a TSV with 28 day period
> > > TMA = 10; // For MA of TSV
> > > TSVd= ( C-Ref(C,-1)) / ( H-L )*V;
> > > /* The following is simple TSV */
> > > TSV = MA(TSVd,T) * T/10000000;
> > > TSV_MA = MA(TSV,TMA);
> > >
> > > Plot(TSV,"TSV",IIf(tsv>0,5,4), 2);
> > > //Plot(TSV,"TSV"+ WriteVal(T,1.0),5,4);
> > > Plot(TSV_MA,"MA",6,4);
> > > //Plot(0,"",7,1);
> > >

> > > Regards,
> > > Jayson

Ballance
> of
> > >   Power or Time segmented volume already for AB ??
> > >   Because the possibility is here in AB making indicators of
> full
> > db
> > >   of stocks.
> > >

> > >   Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
> > >   Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
> > Service.
> > >

> > >   Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
> > >   Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
> > Service.
> > >

> > >       Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
> > >

> > > Send BUG REPORTS to bugs@xxxx
> > > Send SUGGESTIONS to suggest@xxxx
> > Service.

Save on Coral Calcium. Get Better Health and
Stronger Bones. Seen on TV
http://www.challengerone.com/t/l.asp?cid-2805&lp=calcium2.asp
http://us.click.yahoo.com/9gf46B/EfUGAA/ySSFAA/GHeqlB/TM