From: mrdavis9 [mailto:mrdavis9@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 12:27 AM
To: amibrokeryahoogroups
Cc: jeff davis
Subject: [amibroker] Proof of a Weinstein uptrend

YUKI   SAID>So . . . nothing much has changed for me.  The subject line of
this
thread says it all to me.  The quest for something that is
impossible.  Perhaps it was just bad wording.
------------------------
Yuki, you are correct, it was just bad wording.   It sure resulted  in some
interesting and lively discussions though.

 My scans are finding  bottoming reversal pivot points of  stocks.   I need
to add additional code that will cause it to ignore any stock that is not
currently in  an ,existing, or newly established up trend.     Lets assume
that this scan  picks up a pullback in a stock that seems to be in a new up
trend.  I  want to require this possible new up trend  to meet the Weinstein
definition  of a new up trend.  Lets assume that the stock has now advanced
upward from what could be the final bottom pivot of a down trend.  Weinstein
wants  this stock to complete the first pullback of  this possible new
uptrend.   He will watch to see how low this first pulls back goes.  If this
first pull back makes a bottom pivot that is higher than the apparent bottom
of the downtrend, then it has met only one of his conditions  of a new
uptrend.   Then, if he sees the stock advance to a second high pivot that is
higher than the high of the first pullback high pivot,  it will have
finally met his definition of a new uptrend.

At least this is how I interpret  Weinstein's definition of a new uptrend.
This new uptrend must continue to make higher highs, and higher lows in
order to continue to maintain its up trending status.  Ideally, a Weinstein
Trend-Detector code is exactly what I would like to add to my pivot finding
code .  Hopefully, some of the Amibroker users now have, or can create  AFL
code that is able to  identify the  Weinstein  criteria  of an uptrend.
Additionally, I will be testing the other suggestions that resulted from
yesterday's   post.    BTW, how do you like my new title on this post.
Ron D