[amibroker] Proof of a Weinstein uptrend

YUKI   SAID>So . . . nothing much has changed for me.
The subject line of thisthread says it all to me.  The quest for
something that isimpossible.  Perhaps it was just bad wording.
<FONT face=Arial
size=2>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yuki, you are correct, it was just bad
wording.   It sure resulted  in some interesting and lively
discussions though.

 My scans are finding  bottoming
reversal pivot points of  stocks.   I need to add
additional code that will cause it to ignore any stock that is not currently
in  an ,existing, or newly established up
trend.     Lets assume that this scan  picks up a
pullback in a stock that seems to be in a new up trend.  I  want
to require this possible new up trend  to meet the Weinstein
definition  of a new up trend.  Lets assume that the stock
has now advanced  upward from what could be the final
bottom pivot of a down
trend.  Weinstein  wants  this stock to
complete the first pullback of  this possible new
uptrend.   He will watch to see how low this first
pulls back goes.  If this first pull back makes a bottom pivot that is
higher than the apparent bottom of the downtrend, then it has met only one
of his conditions  of a new uptrend.   Then, if he sees the
stock advance to a second high pivot that is higher than the high
of the first pullback high pivot,  it will have  finally
met his definition of a new uptrend.

At least this is how I
interpret  Weinstein's definition of a new uptrend.  This new
uptrend must continue to make higher highs, and higher lows in order to continue
to maintain its up trending status.  Ideally, a Weinstein
Trend-Detector code is exactly what I would like to add to my pivot finding
code .  Hopefully, some of the Amibroker users now have, or can
create  AFL code that is able to  identify
the  Weinstein  criteria  of an
uptrend.  Additionally, I will be testing the
other suggestions that resulted
from yesterday's   post.    BTW, how do you
like my new title on this post.    Ron