Re: [amibroker] Re: Dimensionally Coherent Relative Strength

MarkF2 wrote:
> Fred- If you want simplistic, I'll give you simple and simpler :-)
>
> 1.  Simple.  Apply Eckhardt's c-Test for dimensional coherency:
> "In essence, the c-test transforms relevant formulas in an indicator
> or system by multiplying every price term by a positive constant c (c
> not equal to 1), while leaving nonprice terms the same. If the
> transformed indicator or system gives the same indications or signals
> as the original, then it has passed the c-test. If not, the
> formulation in question is incoherent and depends unacceptably on the
> units chosen."

Mark,

put in mathematical terms it means that the indicator is a linear function of Price.

I = f(P)  [I is the indicator]

if f is linear

f(a*P) = a*f(P) = a*I

It means that the derived indicator a*I mimics in an amplified way the indicator
I but does not modify its behaviour. It would be different for non linear relations.

--
Franco Gornati <fgornati@xxxxxxxxxxx>