[amibroker] Re: Dimensionally Coherent Relative Strength

Franco, first, thank you for your constructive response. Interesting
way of putting it :-)

But to me, a *linear* function is a function of the form f(x) = mx +
b, where m and b are constants.  So I maintain that you can have
indicators containing functions that are not linear and still get the
amplified effect you're talking about.  Which would make them
dimensionally incoherent along with their linear counterparts.

This is why I'd rather discuss practice than theory.  And personally,
I much prefer checking out an indicator or system on the test data
sets I talked about in an earlier post.  Very easy and there's never
any doubt.

Mark

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Franco Gornati <fgornati@xxxx>