Re: [amibroker] Re: Referencing future?

rlb21079 (=nick name????),

thanks for your answer.

I may need to reference future quotes for pattern recognition. At least,
that´s what I believe at this point.

For instance, if I´d like to detect swing extremes (similar to Gann swings).

Such a swing top would for instance occur, when a high has taken out a given
number of bars to the upside AND a low (after that high) will have taken out
a given number of bars to the downside BEFORE another high will have taken
out a number bars to the upside AGAIN.

Sounds complicated, doesn´t it?

Let me try to explain with numbers:

let´s say, today´s high (which is at cum(1) ==100) has taken out at least
the last 5 consecutive highs, i.e. h=hhv(high,5).

In case that a l=llv(low,5) occurs AFTER this high, that high will become a
swing top.

I´ve attached a chart in which i marked the high that fulfills the above two
conditions: it has taken out the minimum of five consecutive bars and
precedes a low that will have taken out the minimum of 5 consecutive bars.

Thus, it bocomes THE price extreme within those two conditions.

Crystal clear???