[amibroker] Re: Referencing future?

rlb = initials
21079 = b-day
nicknames: BigBird, Bird, Ricky Zuella, Ricky, RJ, Le Dude, Dude, The
Iron Shiek, & (from a girl in the third grade) 'dumbo the flying
asshole'

Firstly, the HHV() and LLV() commands don't make sense with negative
numbers b/c the number following the array is for periods not for
reference.  The negative/positive number thing is for Ref() and
ValueWhen() as you can see from the help files.

That being said, I am goin to give it a go with the code you are
looking for (btw, I didn't get to see the chart but was doing
something similar not long ago).

One note: using HHV() and LLV() will always pickup the current bar so
if you are looking for a BO you must use Ref().

SwingHigh = Iif(H>Ref(HHV(H,5),-1) AND Ref(L,6)<Ref(LLV(L,5),5) AND
H<Ref(HHV(H,5),5),1,0);

The first condition is to see if the current High is greater than the
five previous highs.  The second condition is to see if the low six
bars into the future is lower than the next five lows.  The third
condition is to ensure that the next five bars do not have a higher
high than the current high.

Finally, SwingHigh will equal 1 when these conditions are met and 0
when not.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "IVA GmbH" <funnybiz@xxxx> wrote:
> rlb21079 (=nick name????),
>
> thanks for your answer.
>
> I may need to reference future quotes for pattern recognition. At
least,
> that´s what I believe at this point.
>
> For instance, if I´d like to detect swing extremes (similar to Gann
swings).

> Such a swing top would for instance occur, when a high has taken
out a given
> number of bars to the upside AND a low (after that high) will have
taken out
> a given number of bars to the downside BEFORE another high will
have taken
> out a number bars to the upside AGAIN.
>
> Sounds complicated, doesn´t it?
>
> Let me try to explain with numbers:
>
> let´s say, today´s high (which is at cum(1) ==100) has taken out at
least
> the last 5 consecutive highs, i.e. h=hhv(high,5).
>
> In case that a l=llv(low,5) occurs AFTER this high, that high will
become a
> swing top.
>
> I´ve attached a chart in which i marked the high that fulfills the
above two
> conditions: it has taken out the minimum of five consecutive bars
and
> precedes a low that will have taken out the minimum of 5
consecutive bars.

> Thus, it bocomes THE price extreme within those two conditions.
>
> Crystal clear???

I´d

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/CNxFAA/GHeqlB/TM