Re: [amibroker] Re: Signals for next day's Trade

Hello,

There is no magic about this.

Scan LISTS *RAW* buy/sell/short/cover signals.

Backtest shows processed TRADES.

No delays, no stops etc are applied.
(unless you apply them explicitely by using Equity(1) somewhere in your formula
- see below for more details)

In other words SCAN is uses ZERO delay and no stops.
(if you don't use Equity(1) in your formula)

===
The basic idea is very simple: you create a system that generates
buy/sell signals, and backtest it with buy/sell delay of 1 and trade on
open. Backtester applies delays and signal generated using today's data
causes tommorrows trade.
You can run the same code with "SCAN" mode to generate
signals FOR TOMMORROW because scan does not use delays
so the signal for tommorrow will be shown today)
===

Excerpt from the Guide: Automatic analysis window :

"Scan
this starts the signal scan mode - AmiBroker will search through defined range of stocks and quotations for buy/sell signals defined
by your trading rules.If one of the buy/sell conditions is fulfilled, AmiBroker will display a line describing when and on which
stock the signal has occurred. Next AmiBroker proceeds to the end of the range so multiple signals on single stock may be generated.
"

Note:
If you use Equity(1) in your code you are simply RUNNING BACKTESTER INSIDE
your code. The signals are then affected by all backtester settings,
stops,  etc.

Therefore unless you know exactly what you are doing you should use Equity(0)
that does not modify signals.

The difference between Equity(0) and Equity(1) is very simple.
Both work the same (perform internal backtest and calculate equity value)
with one difference: Equity(1) WRITES BACK UPDATED buy/sell/short/cover
signals so they represent ACTUAL TRADES taken.

Equity(0) does NOT do this therefore does not affect scan results.

Generally speaking people tend to abuse Equity(1) placing it everywhere
without understanding what is going on.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com