RE: [amibroker] Signals for next day's Trade

<SPAN
class=000524614-01052003>Ken,
<SPAN
class=000524614-01052003>
If you
have delay set to one then you will see the signals on the day following the
trigger. This allows you to system test based on buying the next morning. If you
want the signal tonight for tomorrows buy then set your delay for 0. An
alternative is simply to plot your own arrows with plot shapes to see the
buy/sell triggers on your chart or to write an exploration for the actual
condition that triggers your next day buy.
 Jayson
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Ken Close
[mailto:closeks@xxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2003 9:56
AMTo: AmiBroker ListSubject: [amibroker] Signals for next
day's TradeHi:  would someone review with me the
seemingly simple task of showingnext days signals.  What I mean is that
a system thatbuys/sells/shorts/cover with 1 day delay at the open should be
showing asignal the night before in order to tell you to place an order the
nextmorning.How exactly do you get the signal to
display?This is so basic a question that I am embarrassed to ask but
.... whenone does a scan for the signals after nightly EOD download, does
SCANshow a signal for the next day's trade?  I recall Dingo
speaking of no signals showing in the Scan unless youcreate a separate file
with different buy rulesBuy = Ref(Buy,-1), etc.But this seem
confusing at best and wrong at worst, but what is theanswer?A
patient and complete reply would be most helpful for me and I bet alot of
others.Thanks,KenSend
group FAQ at: <A
href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.