RE: [amibroker] Re: Real World Systems - Ranking Symbols

What I
was thinking about was doing the "optimized exploration" on some
prequlified basket of symbols -  one symbol at a time and exporting
those stats based on equity. Then in a spreadsheet / program evaluate those
stats and come up with some sort of ranking mechanism.  Granted
AB can't do anything with the results. But until it can at least I've got
the beginnings of method for selecting the best candidates to
trade.
<SPAN
class=890122120-13042003>
<SPAN
class=890122120-13042003>d
<SPAN
class=890122120-13042003>
<SPAN
class=890122120-13042003>

-----Original Message-----From: Fred
[mailto:fctonetti@xxxxxxxxx] Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2003 4:13
PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [amibroker] Re:
Real World Systems
Dingo,In the past when I had
  included Expectancy as part of the calculations in the EquityLine
  generation it required the Buy/Sell/Short/Cover array.  This was the
  only statistical item  present in that indicator that required those
  arrays so as a result of removing that statistical item I have also
  removed the references to that B/S/S/C Arrays.  It now only depends
  on Equity() or ~CompEquity in the case of wanting to run a similar version
  for Composites/Baskets/Portfolios etc.  The problem of course is that
  because AB still allows one to be more then 100% invested using
  Portfolios the reporting is not accurate for those.Fred---
  In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dingodigital" <dingo@xxxx> wrote:>
  My stupid email provider is down and I'm having to post this via >
  browser. > > Anyway, I'm very interested in participating in
  this thread so bear > with me.> > Fred, what does RUTTR
  stand for - for those of use not FT certified?> > Regarding your
  ranking comments - I asked tj this am to provide an > example of how
  the new "for" construct could enable us to build > an "optimizer" but
  running it in an Exploration. He provided one and > my thinking is
  that this will lend itself to using some other data > for
  ranking/evaluation via the use of Addcolumn's.> > My question to
  you is (since I don't know your equity code well > enough): Given the
  new functionality as desribed above - couldn't we > now use your
  equity code and export those items that we might be > interested in?
  For example = your MAR, K ratio, etc? If so we can > manipulate them in
  code or an Excel spdsht.> > If this is now possible it really
  opens the door for ranking > experiments.> > d>
  > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Fred Tonetti <ftonetti@xxxx>
  wrote:> > Sid,> > > > One of the things that
  clearly does work are at least some of the> > generalized principles
  that have been presented on FT-Talk and/or > its> >
  predecessors and there is probably no reason why these types of >
  things> > could not be morphed into using with stocks but the risk
  associated > with> > stocks in general is that although
  they quite often bring higher > returns> > they also have
  inherently more risk.> > > > Any way the concepts in
  general that I am referring to include:> > > >
  1.      A simple market timing system a la RUTTR or
  some variant or> > SIMPLE replacement for that.  Hardly the
  best system in the world > but> > hardly the worst.>
  > 2.      The ranking of trading vehicles, whether
  they be stocks or > MF's> > based on something like MAR i.e.
  CAR / MDD during the periods of > time> > that your simple
  market timing system is on a buy or the inverse of > that>
  > if you allow shorting as well.  This allows for the strongest
  > trading> > vehicles to be taken advantage of during buy
  periods and the weakest> > ones to be taken advantage of during
  sell periods.> > 3.      The trading of or
  possibly even sub timing of those individual> > trading vehicles
  based on some shorter term buy / sell criteria.> > > > The
  problem at the moment from an AB perspective is that I don't >
  believe> > all the pieces are in place to write the code to do this
  sort of> > analysis.Send
  group FAQ at: <A
  href="">Yahoo! Terms of Service.