[amibroker] Re: finding the value of a cross condition

Anthony,
The cross occurs between two bars. The "real" value when we see the
cross does not correspond to any bar. Since we work with EOD, any
value between two consequtive bars is ONLY for visual purposes.
A good approximation would be the (value+ref(value,-1))/2, although
it would be unrealistic.
DT
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Anthony Faragasso" <ajf1111@xxxx>
wrote:
> Thank you Dimitri....I was just going to post the following:
>
> I was debugging in AA and came up with the following solution;
>
> AddColumn(ValueWhen(Cross(fast,slow),fast),"");
> AddColumn(ValueWhen(Cross(fast,slow),slow),"");
> My next question was going to be....is it possible to find the
value of the
> exact cross value...I assume not....so I must decide to use either
the fast
> or slow value......
> Again, thank you ....BTW...did you receive my post today.......is
it helpful
> ? I have another Idea.....
>
> Anthony

H,