From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, April 04, 2003 01:30:55
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amibroker] Re: finding the value of a cross condition

Anthony,
there are many ways to interpolate [linear or non linear]. Any
interpolation would not correspond to reality. We use EOD dots,
nothing else. The continuous lines we see do not exist, they are just
for visual purposes. As you understand cum(1)==815 and cum(1)==816
correspond to EOD reality, but, cum(1)==815.32 does not make sense in
an EOD database. There is in amibroker, as in other T/A softwares, an
internal method to "smooth" the curves, a crooked line would be a bit
ugly. Any function we use is just an aggregate  of discontinuous dots.
Our StochD() goes from 80.32 to 84.47 WITHOUT passing from the
intermediate values !!
I hope it is more clear now.
DT
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Anthony Faragasso" <ajf1111@xxxx>
wrote:
> Ken,
>
> How would you interpolate a value.....the day before the
cross=987.86 and
> the day after  =995.61....
>
> Anthony

H,

> l, C, or
>
> > Open...but the value when the 2 lines cross....is it possible...
>

> > example:
>

> > fast=ema(c,10);
>
> > slow=ema(c,20);
>

> > cond=cross(fast,slow);