[amibroker] Re: YAHOO EOD DOWNLOADS

I have the same problem so I'm afraid I can't help.  But what about
the quality of the data?  Do you have problems when downloading data
intraday?  I've done it a few times and noticed the data gets thrown
off for some securities when I do this.  I tried re-downloading the
final EOD data well after the close and the information is still
off, and this is after checking the data on the actuall yahoo
finance website.  So now I only update at the end of closing and
don't have any problems, but it would be nice to update a few timews
intraday

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "mrdavis9" <mrdavis9@xxxx> wrote:
> I am using the free EOD stock data from Yahoo.  Each night when I
get home, I load the US STOCKS database, then I click on Tools----
Auto-update quotes(US & Canada).     The Amiquote window then
appears with the HISTORICAL DATA radio button  already checked, and
the autoupdate box is also checked.  If I  simply let Amiquote
spring into action, It takes a very long time for the download to
occur.  In order to be able to place a check in the DAILY radio
button, I have to place the cursor over the stop square, and wait
till it turns red.  The instant that it turns red, I click on it in
order to stop the historical download.  I then click the daily
download radio button, and  start the download again.   I have
searched in help for a way to make Amiquote stay in the daily
download mode, but  have unable to find how to do this.  I would
appreciate it if someone could tell me how to make Amiquote stay in
the daily mode. If it is not possible for Amiquote to stay in the
daily mode, then maybe I need to be using the "script-based" version
mentioned below.  If the script-based version is necessary, then how
do I implement it?  Ron D

>       Yahoo Finance Historical + Current EOD Free Automatic
(AmiQuote)
>      Automatic Detailed description here
>       Yahoo Finance Current EOD Free Automatic
>       (script-based) Automatic
>       (script-based) Script available for registered users only

FREE Cell Phones with up to $400 Cash Back!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_bBUKB/vYxFAA/i5gGAA/GHeqlB/TM