Re: [amibroker] Re: AFL Formula

Hello,

Please check things before posting on the list.
ADX( Period == 14 ) is wrong.

because == is "equal to" operator and it will
evaluate to either 0 or 1 depending if period equals 14 or not.

AAA = ADX( Period = 14 );

is correct but not neccessary at all.

All you have to write is:

AAA = ADX( 14 );

and this is correct way of calling all built in functions.

The AFL function reference uses notation

ADX( Period = 14 )

to show you that ADX has one optional parameter called 'Period'
and its DEFAULT value is equal 14.

The DEFAULT value is applied when you don't specify parameter value
explicitely.

So if you write

ADX();

it works like ADX( 14 );

This is a standard notation used in C++.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com