[amibroker] Re: YAHOO EOD DOWNLOADS

No problems with Yahoo data here, all works fast and fine (I have
about 700 symbols).

Download "Historical quotes" after midnight ET at the earliest,
preferably the following morning.

Download "Current day" from 20 minutes after the market open till
about midnight.

The data retrieved by Amiquote is EXACTLY the data posted on Yahoo.
If there are errors, and they do happen from time to time, they get
corrected (within a couple days) by CSI data (Yahoo's data supplier).

Once per week (on Saturdays) I download the prior 10 days worth of
historical data to make sure all is correct.

-- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "the_chairmann" <jhart_1972@xxxx>
wrote:
> I have the same problem so I'm afraid I can't help.  But what about
> the quality of the data?  Do you have problems when downloading
data
> intraday?  I've done it a few times and noticed the data gets
thrown
> off for some securities when I do this.  I tried re-downloading the
> final EOD data well after the close and the information is still
> off, and this is after checking the data on the actuall yahoo
> finance website.  So now I only update at the end of closing and
> don't have any problems, but it would be nice to update a few
timews
> intraday
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "mrdavis9" <mrdavis9@xxxx> wrote:
> > I am using the free EOD stock data from Yahoo.  Each night when I
> get home, I load the US STOCKS database, then I click on Tools----
> Auto-update quotes(US & Canada).     The Amiquote window then
> appears with the HISTORICAL DATA radio button  already checked, and
> the autoupdate box is also checked.  If I  simply let Amiquote
> spring into action, It takes a very long time for the download to
> occur.  In order to be able to place a check in the DAILY radio
> button, I have to place the cursor over the stop square, and wait
> till it turns red.  The instant that it turns red, I click on it in
> order to stop the historical download.  I then click the daily
> download radio button, and  start the download again.   I have
> searched in help for a way to make Amiquote stay in the daily
> download mode, but  have unable to find how to do this.  I would
> appreciate it if someone could tell me how to make Amiquote stay in
> the daily mode. If it is not possible for Amiquote to stay in the
> daily mode, then maybe I need to be using the "script-based"
version
> mentioned below.  If the script-based version is necessary, then
how
> do I implement it?  Ron D
> >
> >       Yahoo Finance Historical + Current EOD Free Automatic
> (AmiQuote)
> >      Automatic Detailed description here
> >       Yahoo Finance Current EOD Free Automatic
> >       (script-based) Automatic
> >       (script-based) Script available for registered users only

FREE Cell Phones with up to $400 Cash Back!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_bBUKB/vYxFAA/i5gGAA/GHeqlB/TM