Re: [amibroker] amibroker vs metastock vs tc2000

Yong

I use both Amibroker (AB) and Metastock (MS). I do not use TC2000.

AB is *by far* a more powerful all round TA package than MS and you cannot
beat the price. However IMO MS is better in a few areas - notably the drag
and drop user interface for charting which makes it *very* quick and
convenient to prototype indicators, ideas etc. visually. So if this is a key
issue for you maybe MS is still worth considering - but it is a lot more
expensive than AB! Also note that AB is still developing at a very fast rate
and I am sure it will not be long before it surpasses MS in these areas as
well.

Another consideration is support. Support for AB from Tomasz the developer
and the very knowledgeable users on this list is second to none. I have
found Equis MS support to be patchy at best.

I would recomend you take AB on free trial and post any queries here.

John