[amibroker] Why time shift relative to US times?

One of the frustrations I have had with setting up
the RT side of AB is that all the times within it seem to be relative to the <font
  face=Arial>US<font
face=Arial> time zone. Can anyone
explain why this is so.

Would it not be easier to just have any time shifts
between you and the market you trade as being just between it and you, instead
of a 3rd party getting involved.

Oh, one thing please state what country you live in when
(if I get an answers) answering as if you only trade the US markets, you would
see any time shifts as straight forward.

Any thoughts before I pass this to TJ.

face="Times New Roman">Cheers,
Graham