[amibroker] Re: AB and Neural Networks [was: The Transcendental use of Data in Optimizations]

> Cliff,

> A reactive system, ie a system we expect to react under some
> conditions known from the past experience, ie a system we predict
its
> reaction, ie a predictive system.
> As long as stockmarkets are not deterministic sets of data,
> prediction will be the path from A to Z.
> Of course, prediction has a lot of names, a lot of shapes or
colours,
> but, it always remains the same : Our ambition to conquer the
unknown
> next moment.
> You may tune your trading systems to the future, try to be ahead
of
> your time reference and then, it is a relativistic causatum, the
> present will be an event of the past.
> It is not always easy, we do not see a perfect eclipse everyday,
but,
> when it comes [supposed you are there] it is magnificent.
> You need to be there, when the prediction moment is mature and
take
> the money and run.
> Run to the next space-time position and wait, preparing your best
> tools.
> The next moment will be unique. Whish you will be there, else,
some
> other time perhaps.

> Dimitris Tsokakis

 Actually what we have is a Paradox, we cannot predict the
future as we can only review the past. We can make a guess
at the future by past actions or we can project the past into
the future.

 The history of profitable trading is the proper determination
of future value. Future value being the price at which anything
can be sold at a specific time.

 The tools we have are used to obtain as much information possible
to try to determine future value. Any tidbit of information that
might be considered must be gathered and be weighed by our trading
systems. With the flexibility AB we can enter most any information
and weigh its value. The point being, that price action is only a
small of the picture we are trying to paint.

                          Cliff s