Newbie needs help Re: Composites

Hello all,

In Post 21696, Anthony graciouly included the Coding of the MACD Bull-
Bear by Dimitris. As a newbie i find the concept of Composites used
this way fascinating and quite innovative.

I have used the Code posted by Anthony and i can see the macbear and
macbull daily values in their appropriate graphs on my screen.

However, i'm stumped on how to get either one of them (mcbear or
macbull daily values) into the columns below the AA forumla window
for exporting the daily values of each to a .csv file. I've tried
the techniques i've used with single indicator and all i get is a "1"
or "0" for the column value, depending on what i do. With
composites, is there something different i must do?

One thing i have tried adding to Anthony's posted code is:

Filter =1;
NumColumns =1;
Graph0= Column0
Graph0 = AddToComposite(Values5,"~macdbear","V");

All this does is return the macbear ticker, individual date, and the
value of "0" in Column 0 for each day. Any help would be so very
much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Bill

--- In amibroker@xxxx, Anthony Faragasso <ajf1111@xxxx> wrote:
> Tomasz,
>
> I agree with you , after having just read the article from the link
you posted, It is a sad day indeed.

> How about using the script that is suggested, (whew!!!) , to create
such an indicator / compositie, With
> Amibroker it is so simple:
>
> /* By Dimitris Tsokakis */
> /*MACD BULL-BEAR*/
> ob=Signal()<MACD();
> os=Signal()>=MACD();
> values5 = os>0;
> values6 = ob>0;
> AddToComposite(Values5,"~macdbear","V");
> AddToComposite(Values6,"~macdbull","V");
> Buy=0;
>
> Seven lines of code and it is completed, The script has what 100
lines ? My choice is Amibroker by far.