Re:"ba-buy"

--- In amibroker@xxxx, "Steve Karnish" <kernish@xxxx> wrote:
> Dimitris,

> "Do you apply any kind of stop loss ?"
>
> I don't apply stops in mechanical systems (don't believe all that
you read in overpriced books).
Backtesting with Amibroker incudes optional use of Stop Loss and/or
Profit target. In many systems profits were decreased with the use of
protective stop loss. I have built up some systems with an
autoprotective mechanism. In these systems there is no need of any
other protection. If there is no autoprotection, then it is better to
use a mechanical stop. Although I do not know your system, I will
suppose that you have build up some kind of autoprotection.
If positive, it would be interesting to discuss it, whenever you have
the time.
Dimitris Tsokakis