AFL Commentary: EarningsDate() dll fcn

As such, I spent the day in the NerdNest and built a function to report the
alleged earnings date via a yahoo query. It is packaged as a dll that need
to be placed in the .../AmiBroker/Plugins directory can be called in the
Commentary:

/ April 24th, 2002 - requires rmaAFLObjects.dll in .../AmiBroker/Plugins
directory
// Queries Yahoo for earnings date, parses html and reports the date.

rmaObj = CreateObject("rmaAFLObjects.EstEarnDate");
Name() + " Estimated Earnings Date: " + rmaObj.EarningsDate(Name());

The zip file has the text above for cut and paste in the commentary.

This is my first attempt at communicating a dll and if there are problems
let me know. I created the dll in VB6 and following TJ's instructions had
very few problems with the packaging - getting the yahoo data was another
thing all together.

btw: Is there a file location on the AB site for dll's I realize there is
more risk to the user - damage could be done by a malicious poster, or by an
unskilled programmer (perhaps I should advise to use at your own risk - I
will say I am using it myself :)

Cheers,

Richard

www.AnalyticInvestor.com