Re: Beating The Tend - Walid

Thanks for the information on Beating The Trend. I take it that you
have read the boook? Unfortunately the book is now $49 an not $30
dollars now, but still comes with money back guarantee. I recently
found some users of the system. They started a Yahoo site called
Trendreversals. They stated that one could go broke if you tried to
play each trade generated and implied that their was no shortage of
trades. They have modified the forumula and discuss their picks each
morning. The formula modification was intended to cut down the number
of possible trades and identify what they consider the best of them.
They claim that their success rate is very high, but this includes
strick money management and stop losses techniques. Some traders only
play BBT Long trades for three days only and shorts are for 1 day
only.

Did you receive the software along with the book? How did you like
the program ie. were you able to or even try to modify the formula in
the software that comes with the book? It sounds like you chose to
code it in AmiBroker rather than use the software that comes with the
Book. Besides the formula, did you learn anything useful about
trading? Can you suggest and similar AFL codes or books on reversal
bars strategy that I can use in AmiBroker. Are any of the library
scripts provided with AmiBroker on trendreversal similar to BTT?

Thanks