From: Ken Close
[mailto:closeks@xxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2002
2:10 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxx
Subject: RE: [amibroker]
Re:"ba-buy"

This usually happens on most forums that
I attend....one person does not "like" something about something that
is said and says so, usually in an authoritative tone (it is usually the forum
administrator - go to the TC2000 forum for good examples).  Then what
happens is this: what Steve has said here....in order to not offend or
"bother" someone, he will refrain from posting.

I for one would encourage you, Steve, to
keep posting.  Your skill and experience is worth a lot to some folks --
but not to all folks.  That is ok. As long as you -- or I -- feel
"free" to post casual or detailed posts, then those who are
interested can read and benefit.  Those who are not interested can
politely ask questions or hit the DELETE key.

Dimitris is another great and important
contributor, from whom I learn a lot.  My hope would be that each be
tolerant of posts that do not meet exactly one's EXACT expectations.  Be
flexible. Ask questions.  Make suggestions in tones that respect the
other's right to post. Finally, if none of these work, hit Delete.

In my view (and hope), the objectives of
this board should be to help each participant learn things that can benefithim
or her...whether that is detailed and explanatory or general and casual.

Hoping to hear more from each of you...

Ken

PS:  I personally do not like the
bright background colors and found the background format button on my Outlook
menu- something I have not looked at before.  Thus a new learning.