RE: [amibroker] Re:"ba-buy"

Steve,

If I remember correctly and
do not have Dimitris confused with someone else, Dimitris is from Greece.
As a result his English is probably not his native language and
possibly because of that it is easy to get the wrong tone.  I get the
impression he was trying to be helpful, and trying to learn from you at thesame
time.

I know I havelearned a
bunch from following your approaches and from our
correspondence.  You have a lot to offer so please don't refrain
from any posts.

Dimitris is one of the
most talented system designers I have seen on this forum and is very
creative.  We can learn a lot from him too !!

Rick-----Original Message-----From: Steve Karnish[<A
href="">mailto:kernish@xxxx]Sent:
Wednesday, April 24, 2002 4:23 PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
Re: [amibroker] Re:"ba-buy"Dimitris,Maybe while I'm learning
AB, I will refrain from posting to this forum.  I"ve been an active forum
member of both Realtraders and MetaStock forums for the last seven years.
During that time, I've posted an abundance of indicators and system
approaches.  Everyone on those lists are familiar with my momentum
oscillator approaches. The Guppy site has some of my work (and I believe Tomasz
has some on the AB site).. Also, I have publicly posted buy and sell
recommendations, nightly, for the past three years (free for the
taking).When an occurrence takes place that is "out of the ordinary"
(once every three years), I like to share it with other traders.  Plain and
simple (no other reasons or motives).  If I have to statistically defend a
casual observation...it's not worth the my time to post.  I've managed
money for over twenty five years and I've always used a well-documented
approach.  The other forums responded with ohter credible individuals
adding other casual observations. I apologize if I've offendedyou
or others.  I'll just "chill out" until I convert everything over to AB
realtime.  In the meantime, E-signal delivered their new version
today..  And by the way, Dimitris, could you "lose" the magenta
background...it offends my eyesTake
care,Stevewww.cedarcreektrading.com----- Original Message
-----From: Dimitris TsokakisTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSent:
Wednesday, April 24, 2002 1:23 PMSubject: [amibroker]
Re:"ba-buy"Steve,Please make your life [and research] easier and
help common understanding.Instead of reporting "haven't seen this many buy
signals in a year" [wich is notquantitatively clear and may be repeatedmany
times], you could give us a countof Buy/Sell as a daily function versus
time.Select your group or watch list and run for All quotations the simple
but basic codeBuy=Cross(MACD(),0);//your buy condition
hereSell=Cross(0,MACD());//your sell condition
hereBuy=ExRem(Buy,Sell);Sell=ExRem(Sell,Buy);AddToComposite(Buy,"~Buy","v");AddToComposite(Sell,"~Sell","v");Plot(Foreign("~Buy","V"),"Buy",1,1);Plot(Foreign("~Sell","V"),"Sell",4,1);In
your ind. builder paste the same code and see [and show to us perhaps] the
respective gifYou will have a more clear picture of massive buys/sells and
make a first steady step toinvestigate some possible reasons [seasonality,
causality etc]It does not teaches anything the "Buy MSFT" or "Sell MSFT"and,
as for myself, I do not like it.Do not be affraid, the level of this site is
quite advanced, people here will understand yourtheory even if it is
complicated of sophisticated or [why not] genious.Counting is the firststep
of statistics and, thanks to Amibroker, we can count anything easilywith the
unique and superb AddToComposite() function.It is the primitive step of
objectivity, and I suppose you agree.I will appreciate your next
"AddToComposite" Step.Dimitris TsokakisYour use of Yahoo! Groups is
subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.Your use of Yahoo! Groups is
subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.