Re: Manioc question

--- In amibroker@xxxx, "Carlton McEachern" <carlton.mceachern@xxxx>
wrote:
> I have been using Amibroker for almost 2 years now and I can attest
to what
> Tomasz has said about it. I am a Canadian user and find the
program great.
> But the very best part is the responsiveness of the program creator
(Tomasz)
> to user suggestions. You won't get this in Metastock for any price.
> Interest in the software has really taken off since the user group
list was
> created and the AFL library keeps growing. Give it a try.

Thanks for the comments.
I'm a registered user now, and imported already my entire watchlist.
I'm definitely cought. Amibroker is my main technical analysis tool
now that I will use day after day.

After a full day of use of the basic features only (didn't get in all
the AFL world):

What I like most at first glance:

- Lightning fast chart display. Chart just popup instantly when I
move from one to another, amazing.
- Sheet tabs: GREAT feature to move from a set of indicators to
another (sugg: let us have more tabs ;) )
- Panel on the left with all the portofolios, watchlist, favorites.
- Interaction with the Programmer Tomasz. I submitted several
suggestions, support questions and they were all aswered.
- Ability to backtest an entire portofolio (haven't tried it already
but know there is this feature).
- Amibroker seems to have a VERY promising future

What I don't like (most are already on the todo list):

- Lack of drawing tools (Fans lines....)
- Its a bit unconfortable to manage the left pane, in particular when
you want to mass delete / copy tickers. I would have liked the
standard right click / rename / delete / move / copy....
- Mouse wheel is unused.
- You can't have several charts in the same window. It would be nice
for example to have a tab with the base chart (changing when you jump
from a ticker to another) and other non changing charts, like the
Nasdaq index and the dow jones on top of the security you are
curently displaying in a tab. I know you can open several window
with different charts so its not really a problem though.

Overall, I'm really happy of my purchase and will have great pleasure
to see the programm grow.

Lemanioc