Re: [amibroker] Re: buy and hold results change

the Buy/hold starts the calculation from the first period in the range
condition ,
When if fact the AFL will may not start calculations for say xn periods
after the date.

Giving a unequal comparison ?

an example would be ..
we set our search for a cross over of a mov but because the stock in a
steady up trend the mov afl is not triggered for several months when a small
pull back occurs ..trigging the afl but the buy/hold has started counting
the returns from day 1 of the range period ..

A valid point John I haven't look to confirm if this is the way AB does the
calculation.
This would explain why its hard to best the buy/hold .

included is a image of an example search
some unexpected results maybe the sell = sell OR lastbar; doesn't get
counted in the calculations for the afl ?

Please excuse me if I'm barking up the wrong tree ( got it wrong)
but I thought I would post a detailed answer so as newer ppl could get a
hold on the question .

range was set to 12 mth 06.06.2000 to06.06.2001

TJ will know

Regards David