Re; Mutual Funds

Thanks for the reply, Bill. FWIW, you know the old saying about more than
one way to skin a cat has been true since the moment some ancient genius
uttered it.

Would you care to elaborate on what you have found to be especially useful
in generating the buy and sell signals for the index funds. I have never
traded them, except for QQQ, with which I have had somewhat mixed results.

Nate

I am exhausted after reading your note ;-). FWIW, rather than worry about
the "infinite" universe of funds, I only analyze the indices. Based on
that analysis, and since most funds move in step with some index, funds
associated with an index that is on a buy (or sell for inverse funds) are
chosen based on their Morningstar, Lipper, etc. rating. For example, if
TNX gives a buy, I look for highly rated bond funds with a 10 year maturity
in the fund families of interest. Or, if NDX gives a sell, I look for
inverse NDX funds. Different way of skinning the cat, but works for me.

Bill