Mutual Fund Strategies

I have been busy. Attached to this letter is a list of the "superbbest" no
load mutual funds I am now tracking. Here is how I got them:

Starting with some recommendations Al Thomas (If It Doesn't Go Up, Don't
Buy It!) made, I have expanded by getting lists of top performing mutual
funds from CBSmarketwatch.com and Smartmoney.com I went through the top
25 in all the various categories, etc. and listed out all the top 4 or 5 in
each and every category. I did the same for all the funds listed in FundX's
mid-month letter, categories 1 through 3.

I took the list of symbols and went to bigcharts.com and put every one of
them up against BPSCX and CGMFX, the top performers of the entire list.
These are two funds in which I actually hold substantial positions. I
discarded any fund that did not achieve at least 30% performance. So what
you are looking at is absolutely the best of the best, EXCEPT that I did
not thoroughly research the sector funds. I did some, but not all entirely.
As you can see, this has been a very labor intensive activity. I am not
sure how I should proceed in future weeks, but for now, this is a good
stable of funds to begin our activities.

Since all of these have been super performers recently, indeed the
criterion has been strong performance over the past 13 weeks, I am not sure
how to analyze them for relative strength, etc., thus to determine which
make the best investment. There must be a better way to choose rather than
to merely throw them all up on an interactive bigchart and select, say, the
top five for actual portfolio positions- as I have been doing. Also, I
think there should be some overall index or indicies which would help
especially with buy in timing.

This is where your mathematic brains come in, you AFL writers. Let's share
some ideas see what we can come up with. There are some truly spectacular
returns to be gained here, at much, much less risk and stress than trading
stocks and commodities (check the graph for BPSCX- believe it!). Best
regards to everyone,

Nate

ausax
pnrzx