>From:
Dr. S.
Nathan Berger
To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxx
href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2001 10:01
AM
Subject: [amibroker] Mutual Fund
Strategies
Hello, all-I have been busy. Attached to this
letter is a list of the "superbbest" noload mutual funds I am now
tracking. Here is how I got them:
Starting with some recommendations Al Thomas (If It Doesn't Go Up,
Don'tBuy It!) made, I have expanded by getting lists of top performing
mutualfunds from CBSmarketwatch.com and Smartmoney.com   I went
through the top25 in all the various categories, etc. and listed out all
the top 4 or 5 ineach and every category. I did the same for all the funds
listed in FundX'smid-month letter, categories 1 through
3.      I took the list of symbols and went
to bigcharts.com and put every one ofthem up against BPSCX and CGMFX,the
top performers of the entire list.These are two funds in which I actually
hold substantial positions. Idiscarded any fund that did not achieve at
least 30% performance. So whatyou are looking at is absolutely the best of
the best, EXCEPT that I didnot thoroughly research the sector funds. I did
some, but not all entirely.As you can see, this has been a very labor
intensive activity. I am notsure how I should proceed in future weeks, but
for now, this is a goodstable of funds to begin our
activities.Since all of these have been super performers recently,
indeed thecriterion has been strong performance over the past 13 weeks, I
am not surehow to analyze them for relative strength, etc., thus to
determine whichmake the best investment. There must be a better way to
choose rather thanto merely throw them all up on an interactive bigchart
and select, say, thetop five for actual portfolio positions- as I have
been doing. Also, Ithink there should be some overall index or indicies
which would helpespecially with buy in timing.This is where your
mathematic brains come in, you AFL writers. Let's sharesome ideas seewhat
we can come up with. There are some truly spectacularreturns to be gained
here, at much, much less risk and stress than tradingstocks and
commodities (check the graph for BPSCX- believe it!). Bestregards to
everyone, NateYour use of Yahoo! Groups is
subject to the Yahoo! Termsof
Service.