Re: [amibroker] Re: Author of Trading System?

On Fri, 4 May 2001 at 07:35:31, Dr. S. Nathan Berger
<snberger@xxxx>
wrote about [amibroker] Re: Author of Trading System?:
Dear M. Jourdain, I am sorry you took my letter as a personal attack
on your intelligence and trading expertise. It was not meant to be
either. Obviously, I misinterpreted your situation.

I have found your postings to be informative, helpful and very welcome
in this list. Especially for those who may be relatively new to the
'ins and outs' of investing/tech analysis and getting to grips with
AmiBroker, AFL and all the other deluge of niceties that Tomasz keeps
directing our way.

I see no misinterpretation. IMHO each should absorb what they need and
contribute as they wish, to what has been, and will continue to be a
civilised and respectful mailing list.

And perhaps you are right and I have severely overestimated the
number of participants who could benefit from a simpler, more
fundamental, lower level approach to investing.

It is my guess that there are a number of people in here that are not
programming geniuses, or hugely successful traders, or highly skilled
technical analysts. They are likely to be quietly investigating,
building on their knowledge and skills with the help of AmiBroker. I
find it difficult to contribute to some of the complex topics/AFL that
have been around lately. Nonetheless, I try to glean what I can from
those people and their ideas and suggestions. IMO there is no shame, or
lack of intelligence in being a learner.

The important point, however, is that all of us should feel free to
make available whatever we hope will be helpful to the group. Those of
us who can relate and benefit from any posting can do so, while others
of the group who find any given posting to be of no help can simply
put such a message into the trash bin.

Agree wholeheartedly, and thank you Nathan for your contributions. I
look forward to your future postings and hope you do not hold any back
due to one persons lack of interest.

Peter

--
Peter Carr