Re: Yahoo downloads

> This is quite normal - indexes come without volume figures on Yahoo.
> AmiBroker, however, has an option to automatically calculate

I have also noticed that Yahoo leaves off the volume information. I
tried downloadquotes once, but they also leave off the volume
information from the indices. Does anyone know of a free data source
which includes volume information for the indices ?

> volume and advance,decline,unchanged data (and A/D line and Arms
> See http://www.amibroker.com/newsletter/04-2000.html

Those calculations seem to require that you manage the entire market
of stocks. Is that correct? I prefer to manage only a small subset
of stocks, to make the database smaller and easier to load.

Is anyone else who is using Amibroker for the Nasdaq and NYSE, also
maintaining the entire database of stocks ? Or just a small subset?

Thanks,
jim