Re: [amibroker] Re: Yahoo downloads

Hello Jim,

> > volume and advance,decline,unchanged data (and A/D line and Arms
> > See http://www.amibroker.com/newsletter/04-2000.html
>
> Those calculations seem to require that you manage the entire market
> of stocks. Is that correct? I prefer to manage only a small subset
> of stocks, to make the database smaller and easier to load.
Yes, that's correct. But you may want to track DJIA, DJTA, DJUA and NASDAQ100 components
only and calculate the volume for that subset only.
This will give you also an idea about market breadth.
Also you can setup the database with (for example) 1000 stocks of volume leaders and
this will give even better results.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
http://www.amibroker.com