Re: Yahoo downloads

> This is quite normal - indexes come without volume figures on Yahoo.
> AmiBroker, however, has an option to automatically calculate

I have also noticed the indices come without volume. I looked at
downloadquotes once and they left off volume information. Does
anyone know of a better free source than Yahoo for the indices data,
including volume ?

> volume and advance,decline,unchanged data (and A/D line and Arms
> See http://www.amibroker.com/newsletter/04-2000.html

For these calculations, it appears you require all stocks in the
market to be in your database. Is that correct? (I prefer to manage
a much much smaller subset, than the thousands which are on the
Nasdaq, but of course I may change my mind in the future).

I'm curious if other Amibroker users trading the Nasdaq/NYSE stocks
are managing the entire exchange worth of stocks, or a subset?

Thanks,
jim