Re: Stock data for all the stocks on NYSE/NASDAQ

Tomasz

Thank you for your help

I've succeeded in importing the .AQH files for all the NASDAQ stocks
with any errors. Now I just can't seem to find the symbols on
AmbiBroker to view the charts.

I have some more dumb questions on data management

1. Once I've downloaded the historical data then all I have to do is
download the current data and import into AB for continuity?

2. If there is a stock split (some I may not be aware off) or if I
miss downloading current data for a few days, then I have to do
the entire historical download again?

3. Does AB automaticall put the stock files in their corresponding
alphabetically identified folders?

Thanks again

--- In amibroker@xxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <tj@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> You don't need to use ASCII import wizard.
> To import AQH files just go to the "File->Import ASCII'
> then select "AmiQuote Historical" from "Files of type" combo
> and choose your .AQH files (with SHIFT/CTRL for multi-selection).
>
> TLS.CSV problem: some programs force their own extensions,
> but you can rename it back using Windows Explorer.
> Just click on the file with right mouse button and select "Rename".
> Then delete .CSV leaving only .TLS.
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> ===============
> AmiBroker - the comprehensive share manager.
> http://www.amibroker.com

NYSE/NASDAQ

> > Brett,
> >
> > Thanks again
> > I declare I must be a dingbat
> >
> > I succeeded in creating .aqh files. I checked with URL format for
data
> > that comes with the demo version, and it looks fine.
> >
> > I now can't get AmiBroker to load it. I tried using the
AsciiWizard
> > with the default settings - with colon(,) as the separator. I am
using
> > your original file as .CSV file. I tried saving it as a .tls file
but
> > Windows saves it as XX.tls.csv file.
> >
> > Any ideas, anybody
> > Thanks again

> > --- In amibroker@xxxx, brett_f1@xxxx wrote:
> > > Here's the rough steps to get the symbols into AmiQuote:
> > > 1. Download file and save it to your hard drive.
> > > 2. Open the file with a spreadsheet program and then sort the
> > symbols
> > > by exchange.
> > > 3. Select the symbols by exchange and save them to a new .csv
file
> > on
> > > your hard drive (3 total if you want NYSE, AMEX and NASDAQ
> > > seperately.) you may even want to rename the files with a .tls
> > > extension.
> > > 4. Close your spreadsheet program.
> > > 5. Start AmiQuote
> > > 6. Click on file, open
> > > 7. Navigate your way to the .csv or .tls files location that you
> > > saved from my spreadsheet or my original file (nearly 8,000
> > symbols).
> > > 8. Click on the file with the symols you wish to import.
> > > 9. AmiQuote will immediately generate paths to Yahoo for each
> > symbol/
> > > 10. Select the time period for the data you desire.
> > > 11. Click on the green arrow key to start the download process
> > >
> > > The data will be saved to this directory with .aqh or .aqd
> > extensions.
> > >
> > > Thats all there is to it.

> > > files.

NASDAQ