Re: [amibroker] Re: Stock data for all the stocks on NYSE/NASDAQ

Hello, Kurbani:

On 01-May-01, kurbani111@xxxx wrote:

> I have a few more questions relating to managing the database

> 2. If I miss a few days of downloading data, then I have to do the
> historical download all over again?

Good quality data is so important - it is vital to making good decisions.

AmiBroker does not know nor care about missing data, for how is AB to know if
data is just missing or whether the stock trades thinnly?

This is why it may be necessary to find more than one data source.
If you can not reliably retrieve your daily data, you need a source
which has daily history files of a whole market, otherwise, you will need
individual histories. Depending upon the country, this may be impossible or,
at the least, costly.

There is a way which may work (I have thought about it but never done it).
Set up a web account which will allow you to run programs. Have a web crawler
retrieve your data and store it on the server for you, to collect later.

> 3. If a stock splits then I have to do a historical download again

AmiBroker has a split command. Just be sure that a large change in price
actually /is/ a split, before you use the command, though. Not all big price
drops are splits. If you make a mistake, then you need the history.

--

The World of AmiBroker Support