Re: [amibroker] Re: Stock data for all the stocks on NYSE/NASDAQ

Hello,

> 1. Once I've downloaded the historical data then all I have to do is
> download the current data and import into AB for continuity?
Once you downloaded and SAVED the workspace (with the latest data),
all you need to do is perform a daily update.

> 2. If there is a stock split (some I may not be aware off) or if I
> miss downloading current data for a few days, then I have to do
> the entire historical download again?
No. You have to download only a few days that you missed.
In case of split - there is a special function in AmiBroker for adjusting
historical prices for splits (no need to download adjusted historical quotes)

> 3. Does AB automaticall put the stock files in their corresponding
> alphabetically identified folders?
Yes, but only for it's native database (not .AQH/AQD ASCII files).

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
http://www.amibroker.com