Re: [RT] Zigzag Statistics

Thanks Sergey, Would love to see a future projection.
----- Original Message -----
From: Sergey
Sent: Thursday, April 17, 2008 6:23 AM
Subject: Re: [RT] Zigzag Statistics

Hi, Clyde

What you are describing is a childs approach to what the SwingMachine does in analyzing swings over whatever period using whatever data you want.

In this particular case I do not see any contradiction with SM, we do different things.

I simply provide the statistical analysis for zigzag for any time frame/data/zigzag parameters. As a result, I get diagrams like this one:

It shows the most probable resistance levels (red stripes in the right part).

My main interest is to get a reliable forecast, and we do that applying another technology - Back Testing. It is in brief:

a) break available price history on two sets training interval and testing interval ("out of sample")
b) provide spectrum analysis to reveal dominant cycles
d) generate neural network projection line based on these cycles
e) estimate how this projection line forecasts on "out of sample" price history data
f) conduct the same procedure for another "out of sample" data

We get a lot of projection lines (hundreds) for different models (with varying parameters in spectrum and neural nets), and we have a report for each one of them, like this one:

The technology is described here:

I think that for swing neural network analysis it is better to use detrended zigzag as output: http://www.timingsolution.com/TS/Uphistory/u_5.htm

As you see, Clyde, I am not discussing what Swing Machine does (I do not know that). I have enough things to do.

Best regards.
Sergey.