  >From:
  EarlA
  To: <A title=realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="">realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Sent: Saturday, March 06, 2004 8:08
  AM
  Subject: Re: [RT] sp500/nasdaq top

  Dollar appears to be in a corrective rally to downtrend. Interest rates
  have been moving inversely to dollar so I would expect a dollar rally to
  pressure both interest rates and stocks. Oil prices have been moving inversely
  to dollar, therefore expect a dollar rally to moderate oil price increases ...
  increases are in large part due to scarcity and political risks.

  IMO, rate increase risk from Fed is next to nil, however, historically,
  the Fed is almost always behind the market. The market risk is that foreign
  central banks (primarily China and Japan) slow down their purchases of US
  Treasuries which have been keeping mid-long term rates low here. As of
  this week's Federal Reserve report, there is no sign of this. However, last
  week AG lectured the Chinese and Japanese CB's on follies of massive treasury
  purchases to ameliorate decline in dollar. I would expect a dollar rally
  to reduce CB intervention and therefore purchases.

  Bottom line ... there is a very tangled, inter-dependent web of
  unparalleled intervention which is keeping the world economies afloat. The
  risks are very high.

  Earl
  <BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr