[RT] Re: 12/19 and bonds

Yeah, but he was implying Rubin was back in now.  Seems to be a
conflict of interest since Rubin runs the executive committe at
Citi.  No question Rubin put us on the path to fiscal responsibility
but he resigned in 5/99, well before any buyback plans were in
anyones mind.  I've always despised Clinton but hiring Bobby was an
outstanding move and we are all better for it.

--- In realtraders@xxxx, Daniel Goncharoff <thegonch@xxxx> wrote:
> I heard the interview, and I took his comment to mean that the idea
for
> this, or at least the philosophical approach, went back to Rubin's
> tenure as Treasury Sec. As you have pointed out, the plans go well
back
> into the Clinton administration. So it appears the bozo was right...
>
> Regards
> DanG
>
> bruce.larson@xxxx wrote:
> >
> > Some bozo on CNBC a few minutes ago is saying Rubin is behind
this.
> > Get real.  The treasury sent a questionairre out to all the major
> > bond houses back in Sep 99 and asked for their feedback on a
possible
> > buyback.  In Oct 99 the Treasury said the feedback was
favorable.  In
> > Jan 00, the Treasury announced official buyback plans.  What's
> > happening here after billions of old bonds have already been
> > reclaimed is the Treasury being forced to pay up above market
value
> > for these bonds hidden deep in some portfolios.  Doesn't take a
brain
> > surgeon to figure the cost effective thing to do is to just
eliminate
> > 30 year auctions.
> > Look out for pressure on the 10s and a possible 10s-30s inversion.
> >
> > --- In realtraders@xxxx, "Dorothy K. Carter" <dorothy.carter@xxxx>
> > wrote:
> > > I saw Under Secy Tsy for domestic finance on TV...  Peter
> > R.Fisher... he was
> > > asked why now his answer was as I quoted below...........  I
> > repeated what
> > > he said on TV    and yes it was announced along with the qtrly
> > refunding
> > > anouncement... now  vs last month    or prior to today......
> > according to

Could
> > be a

> > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Protect your servers with 128-bit SSL encryption! Grab your copy of VeriSign's FREE guide: "Securing Your Website for business" Get it Now!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/M.WTOC/m1FDAA/cosFAA/zMEolB/TM